Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The medical mysteries


I have never been a fan of hospital and/or medical facilities but I currently find myself sitting on the most uncomfortable couch I have ever sat on, the sad thing is it is a far better sit then the chairs.  You may be asking yourself why I am at the pain clinic with a computer, well I will tell you, Im here for the coffee....and also my buddy needed a ride.  He needs to get some shots in his back and I guess they are going to knock him out, so I get to play DD at 11 am.    But sitting here in the waiting room I have been reminded I can't stand these places.  First off Keep your magazines up to date,  reading about the upcoming olympics is not that interesting.  Second is the people.   If you are into fat people, check out the pain clinic and you can have your pick of hefty people.  Then there is the old people,  They just stare, either at me or just off into space.  I figure they are thinking about the old country or just counting down the hours to the Wheel comes on.  And Finally what makes these places a great place to hang is the whispering: people will talk quietly amongst themselves almost whispering, and I can't help myself but try to listen.  I could care less about the fat ladies neighbors or the old people talking about the sandwiches they heard they have downstairs,  but I just have to listen. But then whispering turns into normal levels of conversation when their phone rings.  There are posted signs all over the place about turning cell phones off, but everyone has their phones on.  As you open the door you have to be blind not to see the sign, if you aren't going to abide by their request, turn the dang thing to vibrate.  

It is a strange place to spend a morning, but a friend in need owes me lunch for making me wait.

Please not in the photo the fact the waiting room is decorate I think for Xmas already.
 

No comments: