Sunday, June 29, 2008

Stealing a soul

I just watched a documentary that made me think about a few things. The documentary was about a music group called 'Heavy Load' and i believe the title of the film shared the name. It is a film that follows the trials and tribulations of a British band that is comprised of mentally handicapped and not performers. There was one ongoing theme or line in the film that made me think about everything that I have done in my line of work. "The camera steals your soul". I am not sure what this line means, I have taken a lot of photos in my day and shoot even more video, I have never once thought I have stolen someones soul, I am not even sure what that means. I like to think that with the camera you capture something, it is impossible to capture everything, but for a moment in time you have captured a person(s). You aren't stealing anything. This is a photo I took of the Cash's for their wedding. The photos sat on the tables as an indicator of the table number, hence the number.

No comments: