Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Knowing your gear

I have spent long hours getting to know my camera gear. It pays off to not only know your gear and how it works. I am not on expert by any means, but do feel i have a very good knowledge. Below are some photos I took of a camp fire. I took a great deal of them sitting in the same spot just experimenting. The one problem I had was that the composition kept changing, it is a fire and things burn. But the trick to taking get photos at night is to hold the camera steady. I have seen many pictures taken at night that are blurry. These people don't understand photo taking and how their camera works. Take some time and figure out how things work and you will be better. Here are those photos, I took about 100 shots of this fire pit. They are some cool shots, so I spent some time experimenting and came back with some interesting shots.


No comments: